- An American dentist, Dr. George F. Grant, was the first American to patent a tee that he had invented in 1898. It was a peg with a rubber top and was pushed into the ground and is very close to the modern tee,
but did not have a concave head. The tee was never put into commercial production. Dr. Grant made them and gave them as gifts to his friends and golfing buddies.
- Inspired by Dr. Grants design and the concept of golf tees as a gift, two enthusiastic golfers
started to develop first ideas how to design and market attractive golf tees for proud golfers.
- The first prototypes of the hybrid golf tee (made out of wood, metal and leather) have been
designed and the idea of golf tees as collector´s items was born. End of April 2012, master-tees GmbH has been established as a company and further development of new designs, marketing concepts and securing of IPR took place.
- Supply chain set-up and routes to market have been tested and defined. From December 1st, 2013 master-tees GmbH is ready to support its clients with high quality design golf tees as
- Market introduction of precious collector´s golf tees, which are
based on the 1899 wooden golf tee.
Two new products have been developed
(Brilliant-Ball and Magnetic Key Holder) and put on the market.
These are available with standard logo at www.amazon.de